Welcome to the Webjunk Wordpress Demo Site
This is a place for you to try out Wordpress. While there are other Wordpress demo sites they are all just default installations. We have installed several plugins and done some configuration to give you a better example of a real working site.
Feel free to play around. This site refreshes twice a day. That means any changes you apply will be overwritten.
Some basic instructions:
1) Posts are basically blogs entries. Multiple Posts will appear one after another on the same page until they roll to a following page. Often besides the obvious blog postings, Posts would be used for a News or Updates page.
2) Pages are exactly that. Web pages. Sample types of Pages would be an About me/us, Bio, Links, Pictures; Gallery, Location, Directions and anything else you see on a website.
3) When creating or editing posts or pages if you are new to web design you will find it helpful to use the Visual WYSIWYG Editor. When in the editor if unsure, click on the Visual tab. You will see the icons which if you hover your mouse over will get a brief description of what the icon does. Click on the one on the far right (which will say Kitchen Sink) and you will get additional functions.
5) When you have finished editing your post or page you can choose to SAVE DRAFT or PUBLISH. Save Draft will save a copy but will not make it visible to site visitors. Publish will make it visible to visitors immediatly. Preview will pop up a window to show you what the page/post will look like when it is published.
6) In the Webjunk Wordpress setup you can set a page to point to another web application or page. Even a page on another website. Create (or edit) a page to have a title of your choosing. Down below when editing the page find the Page Links To section and add a URL of your choosing, and save the post.
7) You can also change the appearance of the site by changing Templates or what Wordpress calls Themes. We have several Themes installed in this demo. Just click on Appearance, Themes. Click on the theme you want to try and then click on Activate “ThemeName” in the upper right. This is only a handfull. There are thousands of additional themes available. We also can create custom Themes to your specifications. Just be aware not all Themes support features that may be installed or will require some customization.
There are many more options. This is to give you a starting point. There are many books covering Wordpress. When we install Wordpress it contains what you see here as a starting point. There are additional features such as Calendars, sitemap generators for search engines, message forums and tens of thousands more.